friday, january 27, 2023 (1 – 2:30 pm et)
presenters:shawntelle l. fisher, msw/mdiv, lcsw, craadc; denyne carter, msw
ces: 1.5 social work contact hours
this webinar will present social workers with connections between the school-to-prison pipeline and three predictive markers (deindividuation, social emotional learning, emotional quotient/emotional intelligence). it will show how these three markers relate to the development of prosocial skills in early childhood through adulthood. social workers can expect to gain a better understanding of the importance of advocating for policies and processes that ensure equitable outcomes for all individuals especially students.
- social workers will be able to develop cultural competencies around understanding deindividuation as a means to eradicate the school-to-prison pipeline
- social workers will be able to coordinate with school personnel to ensure embedded policies and processes along with implementation of social emotional learning (sel)
- social workers will be able to understand how low emotional quotient (eq)/emotional intelligence (ei) in early years may correlate to lower prosocial skills in adulthood.
cost: sps members: free / members: $20 / non nasw members: $35
thursday, february 2, 2023 (1 – 2:30 pm (et)
presenter:karen zilberstein, licsw
ces: 1.5 clinical contact hours
many youth presenting for mental health treatment exhibit multiple symptoms that can derive from different etiologies: trauma, disrupted or insufficient attachments, genetic susceptibility to mental illness and learning disabilities, the effects of racism and discrimination, the experience of poverty and other stressors, and/or exposure to alcohol or other substances in utero. as they grow up, their numerous overlapping difficulties compromise their responses to existing therapies. the focus on this webinar will be on how social workers can learn to differentiate symptoms, recognize their combined effects, and modify treatments to provide targeted interventions.
- describe the similarities and differences between different etiological risk factors and how they combine to impact a child’s presentation.
- identify how to distinguish and prioritize treatment needs.
- consider how social workers can modify existing treatments to address the needs of youth with complex presentations.
cost: sps members: free / non-sps nasw members: $20 / non-nasw member: $35
meet social workers like you with 2022年亚洲世界杯预选赛直播
if you are an sps member, you are already a member of at least one of these2022年亚洲世界杯预选赛直播 online communitiesand can participate now:
children, youth and schools
for members of the child welfare; children, adolescents, and young adults; and school social work specialty practice sections
clinical social work, aging, and health
for members of the aging; alcohol, tobacco and other drugs; health; mental health; and private practice specialty practice sections
social justice, administration, and courts
for members of the administration/supervision; social and economic justice & peace; and social work and the courts specialty practice sections