what information does nasw gather/collect and how is it used?
we collect data from all visitors, nasw members and others, to the nasw website (“users”) for a variety of purposes such as providing requested products or services and general communications on topics of interest to users. we ensure that the processing of your information is based on legitimate business interests and that all data is protected from improper disclosure. the following outlines the types of data we collect and how it is used:
member and other user information
nasw is a 世界杯欧洲杯小组赛
if you register to participate in an nasw event, program, or promotion such as a conference, we collect and store your name, address, phone number, email address, and any additional information you voluntarily provide on the registration form.
in connection with certain online learning products, subscriptions and programs hosted by nasw or one of our vendors on nasw’s behalf, we may collect contact information and other background information.
if you purchase a book, subscription product, or other item from nasw, we will collect the information necessary to fulfill your order, which may include name, address, phone number, email address and any additional information you voluntarily provide on the order form.
we collect information volunteered by users, including from surveys. we also may collect email addresses of those who communicate with us via email.
we collect financial information to fulfill your product or service orders. when you place an order online with us, register for an event, or pay your dues electronically, standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date, etc.) is collected through a third-party payer who is compliant with payment card industry data security standards. the third-party payer provides us with, and we store, the last four digits of your credit card number, which we retain for purposes of issuing applicable refunds.
we collect user session connection information as a means to provide additional security to users. collecting session information allows us to automatically log out a user who may have forgotten to log out after a pre-determined time of inactivity.
to maintain our quality of service, we may also gather additional data on connection information, including the timing and size of all packets sent over the internet during a session. the gathered information is not correlated with personally identifiable data about individuals; it is used only to ensure the highest quality experience possible at our website.
our services may include web beacons and cookies from third-party service providers. third-party service providers may use data obtained from these web beacons and cookies to track users’ browsing across multiple websites and to build profiles of users’ web surfing. third parties may also use information based on your visits to our website and other websites you have visited to deliver targeted advertisements to you for products and services that might be of interest to you.
you have a variety of tools to control cookies, web beacons and similar technologies. these include browser controls to block and delete cookies, as well as controls from some third-party analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons. different browsers use different settings, so to manage cookies, you should refer to the relevant settings within your browser. you may opt out from receiving targeted advertisements by visiting the network advertising initiative (nai) website opt out page here or the digital advertising alliance (daa) opt out page here, or, for eu users, the european interactive digital advertising alliance (edaa) opt out page here. if users reject cookies, they may still use our website. however, they will be limited in the use of certain areas of the website – such as areas that require user logon. your browser and other choices may impact your experience with our services.
traffic patterns/log files
we also collect aggregate traffic statistics throughout our website to show the number of visitors, the requests we receive from our website, and the internet service providers (isps) that those requests came from. these statistics are used by internal nasw staff to improve our website and provide better services to users.
indirect collection – social networking
the nasw website may provide links to other sites on the internet. please note that such other sites are maintained by third parties, over which nasw has no control. nasw does not necessarily endorse these other organizations. users should be sure to exercise care when accessing and providing information through these sites and become familiar with their privacy policies.
with whom does nasw share my information?
nasw will only release a user’s personal data to third parties for the purpose for which the user provided the data, and for the following other limited purposes:
- to confirm one’s status as a member of the association in response to general public or authorized employer requests.
- to permit contact in the context of approved association business such as identification of members for leadership positions or for public relations opportunities.
- to permit established business partners such as nasw assurance services, inc., or affinity benefits partners, to contact you about their goods or services. our third-party service providers are not permitted to share personal data we make available to them or use it for any other purpose.
- to enable trusted partners to help us perform statistical analyses, send you email or postal mail, deliver targeted messaging, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. all such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to nasw, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
nasw partners with a trusted vendor to manage mailing list requests. nasw reviews each request from a third-party organization or individual who seeks to promote to nasw members any professional materials, training products or services related to the field of social work, or to perform research specific to the profession of social work. if approved, nasw makes member postal addresses available for limited rental use by the screened and vetted third party. email addresses are never released to the list customer; instead, an approved email message may be sent to members by nasw’s contracted service provider, who acts on behalf of nasw.
members may prevent the sharing of their personal data with nasw’s business or affinity partners and be excluded from rental lists by updating their communications preferences in the 2022年亚洲世界杯预选赛直播
member center at www.cpkalled.com, or by contacting member services at 800-742-4089 or 世界杯欧洲杯小组赛
lastly, limited information may be shared to the extent necessary to comply with the law or with legal process served on us and to protect and defend our rights or property.
how does nasw secure user information?
nasw will take reasonable precautions to protect our users’ information. for instance, when our registration form asks users to enter information (such as id, username and password), that information is protected by encryption before being sent to us. also, the information you provide is stored in a secure location. we restrict access to your personal data to those individuals and third parties that need to know the information to accomplish the business purposes described in this privacy statement. we are committed to taking appropriate measures to enforce compliance with this privacy statement. in addition, we comply with applicable law for protecting personal data.
how can i review, update and correct my information?
users can reset their username or password using the password reset tool on the log-in page. additionally, users can update all contact information; professional, education and demographic information; and communications preferences. to do so, go to the 2022年亚洲世界杯预选赛直播
member center at www.cpkalled.com, or contact nasw member services at (800) 742-4089 or 世界杯欧洲杯小组赛
what communication can i expect from nasw based on collected information?
member resources, benefits, special offers and updates
members and non-member customers will receive, via postal mail, email or other digital channels, information on member benefits, programs, products and services.
members may be sent courtesy emails notifying them of an impending 世界杯欧洲杯小组赛
renewal/expiration date. generally, members may not opt-out of these communications, which relate to the status of their account and are not promotional in nature.
users’ contact information will be used to send postal mail, email or other digital communications regarding updates at nasw and event and other information that may be of interest. we may also send you information about third-party products and services that match your interests and preferences.
how can i opt-out of receiving nasw communications?
users may elect not to receive postal mail or email from nasw (except account notices as described above) by updating their preferences in the 2022年亚洲世界杯预选赛直播
member center at www.cpkalled.com, or by contacting nasw member services at (800) 742-4089 or 世界杯欧洲杯小组赛
@socialworkers.org. all users may also opt-out of receiving specific types of email by using the “unsubscribe” option included in every email they receive.
we retain your information only as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected and to comply with legal and contractual obligations, plus three years. after that period, if we no longer use the information, we will securely dispose of the information or depersonalize it, so that you cannot be identified, with the exception of your email address, which will be used only to inform you of nasw services and products in which you may be interested.
users in the eu
nasw is the data controller for the personal information collected from its members and other users.
subject to applicable law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- right of access: if you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data (along with certain other details). if you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- right to correction or updating: if your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it corrected or updated.
- right to deletion: you may ask us to delete your personal data. however, we may retain the information for prevention of fraud or abuse, or satisfaction of legal obligations or other ongoing legitimate interests.
- right to restrict processing: you may ask us to restrict or prevent the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (such as where you contest its accuracy), provided our processing is not necessary based on legitimate interest or legal obligation.
- right to data portability: you have the right to obtain your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. you may reuse it elsewhere.
- right to withdraw consent: if we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. this will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your prior consent.
- right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: if you are an eea resident, and have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
these rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
in response to a request, we will ask you to verify your identity if we need to, and to provide information that helps us to understand your request better. if we do not comply with your request, whether in whole or in part, we will explain why.
if you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at 世界杯欧洲杯小组赛
@socialworkers.org and reference "gdpr request” in the subject line.
questions or comments
last updated may 2019